Recipe: Lemon Rice
Try out this healthy, filling and easy to make recipe.
1 cup Rice
2 Dry red chillies
¼ tsp Mustard
1 tsp Split black gram
1 tsp Bengal gram
1 tsp Curry leaves
1 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt - to taste
1 tsp Oil
A pinch of asafoetida
Wash and cook rice. You can use left over rice.
Grate the zest of a lemon and keep aside. Now, cut the lemon and squeeze the juice discarding the seeds and keep it aside too.
Now in the a pan heat a tbsp of oil, pop some mustard seeds, bengal gram, split black gram, dry red chilly and curry leaves.
Switch off and add the turmeric powder, lemon zest and asafoetida.
Add the rice and mix everything together along with lemon juice and salt.
Once everything is thoroughly mixed, garnish with grated carrot and cilantro. Serve hot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IMPPA passes resolution to ban Pakistani artistes, technicians in India
- John Abraham denies reports of slapping a fan
- Shubho Mahalaya! Time to welcome mother goddess Durga
- Directors trust me because I am a curious actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Hrithik Roshan NOT Aamir Khan was the first choice for THIS film?