Recipe: Makhane Aur Beej Ki Mithai
This is a simple home made food offered as naivedya (prasad).
1 cup Makhane (puffed lotus seeds) Pan-Roast and grind it.
1/2 cup Khurbuje ke beej (melon seeds) Pan-Roast and grind it.
1/2 cup Khoya (Roast in a pan till light brown in color)
(Grinded makhana, beej and roasted khoya)
2 cups Sugar
3/4 cup of Water
Grease the dish and keep it aside. Make sugar syrup, adding sugar and water. Let it boil for few minutes till it comes to 1 string consistency. Switch off the gas and add grinded mixture stir it and mix well. when it about to set, add khoya mix well and spread it in a greased dish.(or make ladoos).
When it cools down and all set, cut it in to squares. You can store it up to 2 weeks in air tight container. This is not a very fancy sweet, but still I have some good memories eating it with evening tea, while chatting with my family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns': Kangana an award winner for Madhur!
- Hiding true colours makes you feel immoral
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding son in Elle cover
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' team to promote film at IPL final
- Pamela Anderson ready to date lots of guys
- Did Vanessa Hudgens help BFF Selena to avoid her ex Justin Bieber?
- Thin models may put off more women than they inspire
- Amanda Seyfried finds Charlize Theron trustworthy
- Robert De Niro's blunt commencement speech at NYU
- Sunny Leone rubbishes being ousted from Celina's flat
- Eid Special Recipe: Tabouli Salad
- Eid special recipe: Maamoul Cookies
- Eid special recipe: Parsi Sev
- Eid special recipe: Shahi Nawabi Biryani
- Eid special recipe: Sheer Khurma
- Recipe: Steamed Kabab
- Recipe: Eid Special Malpua
- Recipe: Kashmiri Biryani
- Recipe: Phirni
- Recipe: Kofta Curry
- Recipe: Sheer Korma
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now