Recipe: Mango Chicken
This Summer delight your tastebuds with a delicious combination of Mangoes and chicken
2 tblsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tblsp fresh minced ginger
2 tblsp yellow curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 mangos, peeled and diced
2 tblsp white vinegar
1 can coconut milk (If you are using lowfat coconut milk, then add 2 tblsp heavy cream)
1 1/4 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cilantro for garnish
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Add the curry powder and cumin, cook for a few more minutes. The spices will absorb some of the oil, so if anything begins to stick to the bottom of the pan, add a little more oil.
Add vinegar, coconut milk, and one of the two chopped mangoes to the pan. Increase the heat and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Scoop the sauce into a blender. Purée the sauce, pulsing until smooth. Return the sauce to the pan.
Add chicken pieces and raisins to the pan. Return to a low simmer. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 8-10 minutes. Chicken should be just cooked through. Use fork to check.
Add remaining chopped mango to the pan. Let cook, uncovered at a very low temperature for another minute or two. Do not let boil. Or the cream may curdle. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan arrives in Himachal Pradesh to attend Arpita's wedding reception
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Emraan Hashmi-starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Myleene Klass splits from Scandinavian boyfriend?
- Juicy J rushed to hospital before show
- Paltrow launches line of gluten-free organic ready meals
- I always apologise for 'Batman & Robin': George Clooney
- Recipe: Dahi mutton
- Ramnavami special recipe: Methi rice
- Makar Sankranti special recipe: Til Ka Laddoo
- New Year special recipe: Stuffed mushroom with pomegranate
- Recipe: Crock-pot chili (Roasted West Indian Pumpkin soup)
- Eid special recipe: Chicken Biryani
- Recipe: Machli kofta curry
- Navratri special recipe: Kaju Katli
- Navratri special recipe: Fruit Raita
- Navratri special recipe: Til Khoya Laddoo
- Navratri special recipe: Singhare ki Puri and Vrat ke Aloo ki Bhaji
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla