Ingredients for making Masala Tea:
Whole cloves --4 no
Cardamom pods--2 no
Cinnamon stick--1 no
Crush black pepper--2 gm
Black tea--15 gm
Method of preparing Masala Tea:
1. In a mortar, crush the cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon, or use a coffee grinder.
2. Transfer the crushed spices to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and pepper and bring to a boil.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
4. Add the milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from the heat and add the tea.
6. Cover and let steep for 3 minutes.
7. Stir the chai, and then strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into teacups.
(The recipe has been shared by The Surya)