Recipe: Mawa Kachori
For the Kachori Dough
Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 2 cups
Salt - as per taste
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 3 tbsps
Warm water - for mixing the dough
Oil - for deep frying
Mawa/Khoya (Reduced Milk Solids) - 1.5 cups
Mixed Nuts - 3/4 cup (I used a mix of almonds, pistachio and cashews)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 2 tbsps
For the sugar syrup
Sugar - 2 cups
Water - 1 cup
Nuts and few strands of saffron
How to make Mawa Kachori
Mix all the ingredients except water for preparing the kachori dough in a bowl.
Now add some warm water and make knead the mix into soft dough.
Cover it with a lid or a kitchen towel and keep it aside for 30-60 minuets.
Meanwhile, take a non-stick pan and heat 2 tbsps ghee and fry mawa till it turns golden brown.
Add sugar and nuts to it, mix well and the kachori`s stuffing is ready.
In a separate pan, add sugar and water and let it transform into a syrup of one-string consistency.
Now, heat oil for in a pan frying kachoris.
Make a ball of dough and roll it into a flat circle.
Keep the stuffing in the middle of the circle and roll it from all sides into a ball.
Flatten it slightly into a disc shape with your palm.
Now, fry these to till they turn golden brown and drain on a paper towel.
After excess oil is removed from the fried kachoris, dip them into the
sugar syrup for few seconds and take them out into a serving plate.
Sprinkle some nuts and saffron and Mawa Kachoris ready to be served.
Serve them warm for either a nice Indian dessert or have it just as a snack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Jigarthanda' director obtains stay on Hindi remake
- Dharmendra may soon undergo shoulder surgery
- No plans to make 'Mickey Virus' prequel: Director
- R Madhavan one of the most wonderful actors: Hirani
- Nawazuddin to play Pakistani journalist in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Perception is that I had it easy: Jackky Bhagnani
- Antonio Banderas to be honoured at Latin Film Awards
- Didn't do '50 Shades' because of nudity: Emilia Clarke
- You can never win from media: Amitabh Bachchan
- 'Jaws' returning to big screen for 40th Anniversary
- Madhuri Dixit gets FDA notice for endorsing Maggi
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!