Recipe: Methi Khakhra
Methi Khakhras make a good tea time snack.
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup chopped fenugreek/methi leaves or kasuri methi(dried leaves)
• 2 teaspoons carom/ajwain seeds
• ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon oil more for making the khakra
• Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients and knead by adding little water at a time, till it becomes stiff dough. Keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into 20 portions/balls. Roll out the each ball into very thin circles and arrange them on a paper towel separately.
Heat the griddle in medium high heat. Add one rolled out portion of the dough, add 1 teaspoon of oil and keep pressing and turning it on the griddle not allowing it to puff. Continue this pressing and turning for a few minutes. Turn over and continue the press and turn method on medium heat until the rounds become crisp. Now the crisp rounds called khakra’s are ready.
Continue the same with the other rolled out portions and stack them one on top of the other and store in an air tight container.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing