Recipe: Methi Khakhra
Methi Khakhras make a good tea time snack.
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup chopped fenugreek/methi leaves or kasuri methi(dried leaves)
• 2 teaspoons carom/ajwain seeds
• ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon oil more for making the khakra
• Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients and knead by adding little water at a time, till it becomes stiff dough. Keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into 20 portions/balls. Roll out the each ball into very thin circles and arrange them on a paper towel separately.
Heat the griddle in medium high heat. Add one rolled out portion of the dough, add 1 teaspoon of oil and keep pressing and turning it on the griddle not allowing it to puff. Continue this pressing and turning for a few minutes. Turn over and continue the press and turn method on medium heat until the rounds become crisp. Now the crisp rounds called khakra’s are ready.
Continue the same with the other rolled out portions and stack them one on top of the other and store in an air tight container.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- 'Beautiful Mind' John Nash dies in car crash
- Iconic 'Doctor Zhivago' star Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- Myleene Klass 'happy' post ending year-old relationship with beau
- Ed Sheeran planning a year-long sabbatical to `live a bit`
- Kimye to relive the `best time` of their lives one more time
- Here's why Ian McKellen almost turned down knighthood in 1991
- Robert De Niro inspires young grads
- JK Rowling feels reputation restored post Daily Mail apology
- 'Piku' still shining bright at the Box Office
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' doing phenomenal business at Box Office!
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened