Recipe: Methi Matar Malai
Methi Matar Malai is a Punjabi recipe served best with hot naan. Ingredients: 1/2 Cup cream or malai 1 Bunch methi leaves, chopped 1 Cup boiled green peas Salt to taste 3 tbsp Ghee or butter 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds 1 Pinch asafoetida Powder together: 1 Cardamom 1/2 Inch stick cinnamon 2-3 Cloves Grind to paste: 1 Onion 1 tbsp Khus khus (poppy seeds) 1 tsp Sugar 1-1/2 tbsp Cashewnuts 1 tbsp Curds 2-3 Green chillies 1/2 Inch piece ginger
Instructions Take salted hot water. Immerse methi in this water for 5 minutes. Wash properly under running water. Remove excess water with the help of a colander. Take a bowl and beat malai until it becomes smooth. Heat ghee in a kadai. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Mix the paste properly and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add powdered spice and salt to taste. Now add peas, methi leaves, malai and all other ingredients. Boil it until gravy thickens. Sprinkle a dash of flour to make gravy thick. Mix it well. Small amount of milk can be used, in case gravy is too thick. Malai Methi Matar is ready to serve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Gorgeous and elegant heroines of Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Website plays up Aamir Khan intolerance row; gives readers chance to slap or kiss him
- SC dismisses TN govt's plea for police custody of singer Kovan
- I want to venture into production: Deepika Padukone
- In pics: Amitabh Bachchan's scooter ride in Kolkata!