Recipe: Methi Thepla
This Gujarati specialty tastes awesome. So try it out!
1 cup Wheat Flour
2 crushed Green Chillies
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Haldi (turmeric)
1 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
1 tsp Ajwain 1 pinch Hing
1/2 bunch Methi Leaves
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds powder
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
• Put wheat flour in a flat vessel bowl.
• Mix all the ingredients int it including the methi leaves.
• Add 1 tsp oil and knead it. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
• Then make even size small balls of the dough.
• Roll them separately with a rolling pin into a round shape.
• Heat the griddle and roast each of the rolled out theplas one by one.
• First roast one side,turn it upside down.
• Then put 1/2 tsp oil on the turned side and again it upside down.
• Repeat the same with the other side.
• When evenly roasted remove it from griddle.
• Repeat this for all the balls.
• Serve them hot with butter or chutney or curd.