Recipe: Milky Saffron buns
Learn to make these soft, fluffy buns by trying this simple recipe at home.
• 3 Cups Milk
• 1/2 cup Butter
• 3 tsp Compressed Fresh Yeast
• 11/2 Cup Sour Cream
• ½ tsp Powdered Saffron
• 2/3 cup Sugar
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 7 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
• 1 beaten Egg
• Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan until the butter melts
• Crumble the yeast into a bowl, and then pour in warm milk. Stir well until the yeast dissolves.
• Prepare dough by mixing crème, powdered saffron, sugar, salt, and 7 cups of flour all together in a bowl. Cover and keep it aside for 40 minutes.
• Prepare 2 or 3 baking sheets by covering each with a sheet of parchment paper. Now divide the dough into 35 pieces and roll each piece into a 6 inches long rope. With the rope lying flat on the work surface, roll each end towards the center, in opposite directions, creating a curled S-shape.
• Then place the buns on the prepared baking sheets. Cover with a towel, and bake in a preheat oven at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
• Brush each bun smoothly with beaten egg, and then bake in the oven until it turns puff and golden, i.e. for about 5 to 10 minutes. Now serve.