Recipe: Mint & chocolate meringue cake
Try out this yummy mint and chocolate cake.
4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon mint essence
2 teaspoon cornflour
150gram dark chocolate, chopped
300ml thickened cream
1 tablespoon icing sugar
1 pomegranate, seeds removed
Preheat oven to 120oC.
To prepare meringue, fill a sink 1/3rd full with hot water.
Place a bowl with egg whites and sugar in the sink and whisk until sugar dissolves. Mix the mixture again after removing it from the sink. Add mint essence and cornflour. Beat for 8 minutes or until stiff and glossy. Fold in 80g chocolate.
Place baking paper on an oven tray. Pour three-quarters of meringue in the centre and spread using a spatula. Put the remaining meringue into a piping bag and pipe it around.
Bake meringues for 50 minutes. Turn off oven and cool meringues completely.
Melt the remaining 70g chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Using a fork, drizzle meringues with chocolate. Leave to set.
To assemble, spread large meringue with cream. Top with meringues kisses and scatter over pomegranate seeds and frosted mint leaves (optional).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The higher you go, the lonelier you get: Priyanka Chopra
- Russell Brand to make Indian audience 'chuckle' away in June
- Taylor Swift in Forbes Power Women List
- 'Inside Out' to release in India on June 26
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Amitabh Bachchan advised Anil Kapoor not to take sabbatical
- 'Masaan' to release in India on July 24
- Emraan Hashmi's 'Azhar' teases crosses 1 million views!
- Indian stories need global exposure: 'Lunchbox' director Ritesh Batra
- Ricky Martin believes in `connect before marriage
- Criminal Mustafa Dossa conducts model audition inside court premises
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt