Recipe: Mixed Vegetable Soup
• 1 Carrot (grated)
• ½ Celery Rib (Ajwain) (chopped)
• 2 tbsp Green Pepper (Capsicum) (chopped)
• 1 Onion (medium size) (chopped)
• 1 tbsp Butter
• 1 cup Sodium Mixed Vegetable Broth
• 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Tomatoes (undrained)
• 3/4 tsp Sugar
• 1 pinch Pepper
• 1-1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
How to make
In a small saucepan, sauté the carrot, celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender.
Set aside 2 tablespoons broth.
Add the tomatoes, sugar, pepper and remaining broth to vegetable mixture; bring it to boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth; gradually add to the soup.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.