Recipe: Mixed vegetable upma
Go for a healthy breakfast with mixed vegetable upma.
Sooji - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Oil - 3-4 tbsp
Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup (very finely chopped onion, carrot, peas, potato, beans)
Garlic - 1 pod (optional)
Curry leaves - a few
Ginger chopped - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli - 1
Hing - a pinch
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urud Dal - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - to garnish
Lime juice from 1 small lime
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, urud dal, hing, green chilli and ginger.
When mustard seeds crackle, add garlic and mixed veggies.
Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder and fry till the veggies turn soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry semolina on low flame till it turns light golden brown. This step is very important.
Simultaneously, bring water to rolling boil in another vessel.
When semolina turns light golden brown, add the veggies.
Pour water gradually and stir continuously. Add salt if needed.
Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Squeeze lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Hannibal season 3' trailer released
- I don't remember much of the 1970s: Al Pacino
- Salman Khan to attend sister Arpita's reception at Mandi tomorrow
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- `Fantastic Four` backlash does not bother Michael B Jordon
- Two of Drake's songs leak online
- Amy Schumer collaborates with Paul Feig for action comedy
- 'Now You See Me 3' in works
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns`: Varun, Karan awed by Kangana Ranaut
- Amal Clooney wants to be on Vogue's cover
- Kanye West's marriage will last 'forever', says stepmom
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly