Recipe: Mixed vegetable upma
Go for a healthy breakfast with mixed vegetable upma.
Sooji - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Oil - 3-4 tbsp
Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup (very finely chopped onion, carrot, peas, potato, beans)
Garlic - 1 pod (optional)
Curry leaves - a few
Ginger chopped - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli - 1
Hing - a pinch
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urud Dal - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - to garnish
Lime juice from 1 small lime
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, urud dal, hing, green chilli and ginger.
When mustard seeds crackle, add garlic and mixed veggies.
Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder and fry till the veggies turn soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry semolina on low flame till it turns light golden brown. This step is very important.
Simultaneously, bring water to rolling boil in another vessel.
When semolina turns light golden brown, add the veggies.
Pour water gradually and stir continuously. Add salt if needed.
Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Squeeze lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif’s look in ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ revealed!
- I really do want to make my debut on television very soon: Ranveer Singh
- Winter season special: Hair care tips
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle, Priya have an ugly fight; Suyyash gets emotional on seeing sister