Recipe: Modur Pulao
• 2 cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
• 2 cup Sugar
• ½ cup Ghee
• ½ tsp Whole Cardamoms
• ½ tsp Cloves
• ½ tsp Black Peppercorns
• ½ tsp Cinnamon
• 5 bay Leaves
• 5 Saffron Strands
• ½ cup Almonds, blanched and split
• ½ cup Raisins
• ½ cup Dry Coconut Slivers
• ½ cup Dried Dates
• Water, as required
• 2 tsp Milk
How to make
Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
Take a pan and boil 8 cups of water and put rice in it and let it cook.
When cooked (3/4th), drain the rice, and keep it aside.
In the meantime soak the saffron strands in 2 tbsp of milk and mix it to make a paste.
Heat the ghee in a pan and put all the spices in it except saffron.allow it to sizzle a bit.
Now add sugar and 1/3 cup of water in it and stir well.
Put all the dry fruits in it and stir well.
Now, add cooked rice in it along with saffron liquid and mix it carefully.
Cover it and let it cook for an hour.
When cooked mix it properly and serve warm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar