Recipe: Nan Khatai
Nan Khatai is a popular Pakistani cookie. Also made widely in India, it is a soft crumbling delicacy made with samolina and butter.
• 50 gms Fine Sooji
• 85 gms Powdered Sugar
• 1 tsp Vanilla
• 150 gms Maida
• 120 gms Butter
• Few almonds and cashew nuts
• Cream the butter and sugar till it turns fluffy.
• Add vanilla followed by maida and sooji.
• Make smooth dough of this mixture.
• Roll out medium sized balls and put a cashew nut on the top of each piece.
• Bake them on a greased pan for 25 minutes at 150 C.