Recipe: Omelette Creole
Bored of eating the same old omelette, its time try something new!
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
2 tsp butter or margarine
1 bay leaf
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1 frozen cooked shrimp
1/2 cup water
4 tsp butter
In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper and celery in butter, stirring occasionally, until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, breaking apart with spoon if necessary.
Stir in seasonings; increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir shrimp into tomato mixture, and then reduce heat to low; simmer just until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Prepare omelettes; while omelette is still moist and creamy-looking, fill each with 1/2 cup hot shrimp mixture.
With pancake turner, fold omelette in half or roll; invert onto plate with quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan onto plate.
Top each omelette with 2 tablespoons shrimp mixture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recipe: Summer Potato Salad
- Kill hunger desi style: Top 5 midnight sandwiches!
- Recipe: Cucumber juice
- Recipe: Parsleyed corn on the cob
- Recipe: Hot chocolate fudge sundae
- New Year special recipe: Chocolate with raisins
- Recipe: Hummus with Tahini
- Recipe: Vegetable Soup
- Recipe: Watermelon Margarita
- Recipe: Frozen Peach Margarita
- Recipe: Mango Margarita
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 31, 2015
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public
- Ban row: NCSC sends notice to IIT Madras, DMK seeks PM Modi's "direct intervention"
- ISIS rapists pour boiling water on teenage victim's leg for refusing sex
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- PM Modi told China, Pakistan economic corridor unacceptable: Sushma Swaraj
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- Michael Jackson's ghost spooks Neverland ranch?