Recipe: Paneer Makhani
Try this traditional punjabi recipe for dinner tonight!
400 gms paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
2 to 3 chopped green chillies
1/4 cup butter
2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
8 to 10 peppercorns (kalimirch)
2" stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
10 cloves (laung / lavang)
1 tbsp ginger (adrak) paste
1 tbsp garlic (lehsun) paste
2 cups tomato puree
1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1 cup fresh cream
Heat the butter in a kadhai and add the bay leaves, peppercorns, cinnamon, green cardamoms and cloves and saute for two minutes.
Add the ginger paste, garlic paste and green chillies, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and 1 1/2 cups of water, mix well and cover and cook for ten minutes.
Add the paneer, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks