Recipe: Pesto Pasta Salad
Try this salad at home today. Ingredients 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta (use rice pasta for wheat-free version) 1 cup fresh basil pesto 2 Tbsp chopped green olives, or olive tapenade 1/4 cup pine nuts 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted (or fresh if you can get them) 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved Several fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped 1 Tbsp olive oil Salt and pepper
Instructions Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Make sure the water is salted (at least a half teaspoon per quart). Remove pasta from heat and strain when pasta is cooked, but still firm (al dente). Put pasta in a big bowl. Mix in fresh basil pesto, green olives, and pine nuts. Gently mix in cherry tomatoes, peas, fresh basil leaves and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill or serve at room temperature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!