Recipe: Poached eggs and salmon in potato rosti baskets
550g brushed Golden Delight potatoes, peeled, halved
125ml (1/2 cup) water
2 teaspoons olive oil
Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained
1 tablespoon white vinegar
60g pkt baby rocket leaves
300g smoked salmon
Place the potato and water in a microwave.
Cover with 2 layers of plastic wrap.
Cook in microwave on high for 6 minutes or until potato softens slightly.
Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
Preheat oven to 200C.
Spray four 250ml (1-cup) muffin pans with oil.
Coarsely grate the potato into a large bowl.
Add the olive oil and season.
Use your hands to mix until well combined.
Press the potato mixture evenly into the prepared pans.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a little crisp.
Set aside in the pans for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, add vegetable oil to a small saucepan to come 1cm up the side
Pat the capers dry with paper towel.
Add to the saucepan. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over medium heat. Add the vinegar.
Crack the eggs into separate small bowls or cups.
Carefully slide the eggs into the water.
Cook for 3 minutes or until the whites are opaque and just firm.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to a plate lined with paper towel.
Divide the potato baskets among plates.
Top with the rocket, smoked salmon and eggs.
Sprinkle with the fried capers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Piku' still shining bright at the Box Office
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' doing phenomenal business at Box Office!
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' cast lands in Kolkata for film promotions
- `Boxer fetished` Justin Bieber won't repeat underwears
- British actor Terry Sue-Patt found dead
- Allu Arjun inspires brother to sport six-pack abs
- Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant starrer `Florence Foster Jenkins` first look released
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Iconic `Mean Girls` mansion up for grabs at USD 15M
- I'm apprehensive of reaction: Big B
- Vikalp Mehta breaks out of Akshay lookalike image
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings