Recipe: Potato Patties
2 big Boiled Potatoes (mashed)
½ tbsp Cornflour
¼ cup Cornmeal
½ cup Oil
For the Filling:
1 cup Green Beans (chopped)
1 Onion (minced)
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
½ tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
¼ tsp Turmeric
Salt to taste
½ tbsp Oil
How to make Potato Patties:
Put a frying pan on a gas flame and pour some oil. Add cumin seeds. Allow the seeds to splutter. Add onions and fry them.
Add into all other ingredients meant for the filling and fry them for 2 mins. Then cook the contents in a covered pan until the beans get tender.
Mix the mashed potatoes with salt into dough.
Shape the potato dough into balls and flatten it to disc shape.
Stuff the center of the ball with the filling and form it into a ball. Then flatten it again.
Blend corn flour with 2-3 tbsp water to thin paste and dip each patty in it. Then roll them in the cornmeal.
Put oil in a pan and fry the patties until they are golden brown.
Serve it hot with tomato sauce.
(Pic courtesy: healthyvegetarianfoods.co.za)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hiding true colours makes you feel immoral
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding son in Elle cover
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' team to promote film at IPL final
- Pamela Anderson ready to date lots of guys
- Did Vanessa Hudgens help BFF Selena to avoid her ex Justin Bieber?
- Thin models may put off more women than they inspire
- Amanda Seyfried finds Charlize Theron trustworthy
- Robert De Niro's blunt commencement speech at NYU
- Sunny Leone rubbishes being ousted from Celina's flat
- Jason Derulo 'tired of playing nice'
- Recipe: Spanish Valencia Prawns
- Mother's day special Recipe: Crepes Du Fromage
- Recipe: Tlayudas with Pulled Lamb
- Recipe: Aloo Tuk
- Recipe: Poutine Cheesy Jalapeno
- Recipe: White and dark Chocolate buttons and Olive Panini
- Recipe: Nasiley Jhinge
- Recipe: Fried Mango pickle in beer batter with Siracha dipping sauce
- Weekend special Recipe: Chilly Garlic Fish
- Recipe: 3 Layered Sandwich
- Kill hunger desi style: Top 5 midnight sandwiches!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now