Recipe: Puran Poli
Treat the Lord with Puran Poli on the last day of this year’s Ganesh Utsav.
1 cup Maida
1 pinch Turmeric Powder
1 pinch Salt
2 tsp Ghee
Water, enough to make dough
6 tbsp Oil
Oil / Ghee, for frying
1 - 1/2 cup Jaggery
1 - 1/4 cup Bengal Gram Dal
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
Blend the ghee and masala with the maida.
Using water make a soft smooth dough. Leave under a wet cloth for 40-50 minutes.
Knead the maida again. Put in the 6 tbs oil and knead till completely absorbed. Cover and leave aside for 4 hours.
Put the dal in the cooker till one whistle.
Drain the water.
Grind the dal to make a paste with the jaggery and cardamom powder.
Remember that the filling should not be watery.
Make small balls of the filling. Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them.
Place one ball of filling on the dough and cover and seal up the filling.
Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the filling does not come out.
Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it. Cook on both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The higher you go, the lonelier you get: Priyanka Chopra
- Russell Brand to make Indian audience 'chuckle' away in June
- Taylor Swift in Forbes Power Women List
- 'Inside Out' to release in India on June 26
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Amitabh Bachchan advised Anil Kapoor not to take sabbatical
- 'Masaan' to release in India on July 24
- Emraan Hashmi's 'Azhar' teases crosses 1 million views!
- Indian stories need global exposure: 'Lunchbox' director Ritesh Batra
- Ricky Martin believes in `connect before marriage
- Criminal Mustafa Dossa conducts model audition inside court premises
- Recipe: Chocolate-strawberry rissotto
- Recipe: Jumbo Shrimps al Cognac
- Recipe: Warm Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Recipe: Tomato Bocconcinna Caprese
- Recipe: Tomato quiche
- Recipe: Feta green salad with mango vinaigrette
- Recipe: French Toast with Cheese
- Recipe: Stuffed French Toast
- Recipe: Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Recipe: Winter Chicken
- Recipe: Rouille
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt