Ganesh Chaturthi special recipe: Puran Poli
Treat the Lord with Puran Poli on Ganesh Utsav. Try this simple yet mouth-watering typical Maharashtrian recipe at home:
1 cup Maida
1 pinch Turmeric Powder
1 pinch Salt
2 tsp Ghee
Water, enough to make dough
6 tbsp Oil
Oil / Ghee, for frying
1 - 1/2 cup Jaggery
1 - 1/4 cup Bengal Gram Dal
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
Blend the ghee and masala with the maida. Using water make a soft smooth dough. Leave under a wet cloth for 40-50 minutes.
Knead the maida again. Put in the 6 tbs oil and knead till completely absorbed. Cover and leave aside for 4 hours.
Put the dal in the cooker till one whistle. Drain the water. Grind the dal to make a paste with the jaggery and cardamom powder.
Remember that the filling should not be watery. Make small balls of the filling. Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them.
Place one ball of filling on the dough and cover and seal up the filling. Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the filling does not come out.
Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it.
Cook on both sides. Your dish is ready to be served.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Willow: where street food meets exotic taste in a cafe setting
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- 'Jai Gangaajal' is my way of protesting, says Prakash Jha
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam