Recipe: Roasted chicken with lemongrass butter
A hassle-free route to tasty roasted chicken.
50 g butter, softened
1 tbsp pureed lemongrass
15 g thyme, leaves only
1 x 1.5kg whole chicken
1 bulbs garlic, cut in half
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 180C/160C.
Mix the butter in a small bowl with the lemongrass paste and half the thyme. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Ease your hand under the skin of the chicken at the neck opening and smear the herb butter under the skin. Place the garlic inside the cavity. Rub all over with the oil, season and place in a roasting tray.
Roast the chicken in the centre of the oven for 1½ - 1¾ hours. To check that it is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a fine skewer. If the juices are pink or show traces of blood, cook the chicken for a further 10-15 minutes, then check again. If the juices are pale golden, the chicken is cooked.
Remove from the oven, baste and scatter with the remaining thyme leaves. Cover tightly with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
Carve and serve with a selection of baby vegetables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar