Recipe: Saffron yoghurt
Saffron yoghurt with Parathas makes a perfect combination for a sumptuous breakfast.
3 cups fresh Plain Yoghurt
large piece of cheesecloth or a clean white handkerchief
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
½ teaspoon saffron threads, soaked in 2 tablespoons water
5 to 6 tablespoons honey or confectioners` sugar
2 tablespoons slivered pistachio nuts
Pour the yogurt into the cheesecloth and tie the ends together.
Hang over the sink for at least 8 hours; the longer it hangs, the thicker the yogurt becomes. A lined funnel placed over a vessel serves the same purpose.
When the liquid has thoroughly drained off, mix the thick yogurt with the whipped cream.
Add the saffron mixture, sugar and most of the pistachios.
Serve in a beautiful bowl, garnished with the remaining pistachios.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!