1/4 cup Milk
1-1/2 cups Wheat Flour
2 tbsp Ghee
1/3 cup Sugar
A pinch Salt
Ghee/Oil for deep frying
How to make Shakarpara:
Sieve the flour and salt together in a mixing bowl.
Mix sugar, milk and ghee in a pan.
Bring it to a boil till the sugar is dissolved.
Now let it cool completely.
Make stiff dough by adding this sugar syrup to the flour mixture.
Divide it into 2 equal balls and roll each ball into 2 circles of 6 mm. thickness.
Make sure you keep piercing the surface at regular intervals with a fork.
Now cut the circles into 25 mm. diamond shaped pieces and keep them aside for at least 30 minutes.
Take a frying pan on a low gas flame and add some oil in it.
Now deep fry the diamond pieces in the hot oil on medium heat.
After frying the food, drain the Shakarpare on absorbent paper and let them cool completely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Willow: where street food meets exotic taste in a cafe setting