This delicious sweet is a favourite during Holi and the best thing is, it can be made in advance and stored over long periods.
• 1-1/4 cups Wheat Flour
• 1/4 cup Milk
• 1/3 cup Sugar(or as per taste)
• 3 tbsp Ghee
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• Oil for deep frying
• Sieve flour with salt in a bowl.
• Add sugar, milk and ghee in a pan; mix well.
• Bring it to a boil till the sugar is dissolved.
• Now let it cool completely.
• Make stiff dough by adding this sugar syrup to the flour mixture.
• Divide it into 2 equal balls and roll each ball into 2 circles of 6 mm. thickness.
• With a fork, pierce the surface at regular intervals.
• Cut the circles into 25 mm. diamond shaped pieces.
• Keep them aside for at least 30 minutes.
• Take a pan and heat oil in it.
• Now deep fry the diamond pieces in hot oil on medium heat.
• Drain on absorbent paper and let them cool completely.