Shakkarpare is an easy to make recipe, which doesn’t require much ingredients.
1 cup whole wheat flour
11/2 cup maida (plain flour)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp Saunf
1/3 cup ghee
Ghee to deep fry
Mix all the ingredients except sugar. Blend well. Add little amount of water, while mixing the ingredients, and then knead it into a soft dough.
Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out into thick chappatis, without using any dry flour.
Cut the rolled out chappatis with a cookie cutter or knife, into small diamond shapes.
Lift the cut chapattis with spatula and keep them aside on a dry cloth, for about one hour.
In the meantime, make a sugar syrup by heating the sugar with water over medium flame. Do not caramelize the sugar. Once the syrup becomes thick, remove it from the flame and set it aside.
Deep fry the cut chapattis in hot ghee, over slow flame, until light golden brown.
Drain the ghee well and then dip the fried treat into the already prepared sugar syrup.
After you have prepared the shakkarpare, set them aside to cool and then store them in an air tight container.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show