Shakshuka is an Israeli dish with many variations.
1 whole yellow onion
2 tbsp. oil
4-5 plum tomatoes
pepper (red or green)
1 tsp. basil or black pepper (not recommended)
cayenne pepper, paprika, turmeric to taste
Variations can include:
Tuna and garlic.
Chesse on top.
Peel and chop the onion and fry it in the oil until it turns translucent.
Chop the tomatoes and add to the onion in the pan.
Add herbs and spices.
Cover and let cook until the tomatoes are evenly cooked through (around 25 minutes on low heat).
With a wooden spoon, make two holes in the onion-tomato mix.
Break and pour each egg into its own hole.
Cover and let cook until the eggs are firm (around 5 more minutes).
Serve with bread.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions
- Would love to be a dance teacher: Alia Bhatt