Recipe: Shami Kebab
Celebrate by digging into these rich and succulent kebabs.
½ kg minced meat without fat.
2 tbsp chana dal (split gram) washed and soaked in water for ½ hr.
2 pieces dalchini. (cinnamon)
1 piece ginger
1 tsp coriander and cumin powder.
1 tsp garam masala.(mixed spices)
10 garlic flakes.
2 elaichi. (cardamom)
1 tsp chili powder.
A pinch of pepper.
A handful of Kothmir and chopped pudina.(mint leaves)
Juice of ½ a lemon.
1 finely chopped onion.
Oil for frying.
Salt to taste.
Wash and drain the minced meat. Mix the split gram , whole spices, a cup of water and salt to taste.
Cook until it becomes dry. Remove from the fire and add ginger, garlic, pepper, chili powder, coriander and cumin powder and grind the mixture into a fine paste and knead into a dough.
Now add the chopped mint leaves, kothmir, lime juice and salt to taste. Make lemon sized balls of the dough, flatten the balls and stuff them with a little onion mixture.
Dip the stuffed kebabs in the beaten eggs and shallow fry till it is cooked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing