Recipe: Shortcrust Pastry
Shortcrust pastry is buttery, crumbly and a tasty treat.
150g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
1 tsp grated lemon rind
120 g (1 cup) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
120 g (3/4 cup) potato flour
Cream together butter, sugar, and lemon rind in a bowl.
Sift together the plain and potato flours into a mound.
Make a well in the center of the mound and add the creamed mixture.
Knead lightly until the dough is consistent.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour before use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!