Recipe: Silky Chicken Almond
Want to try something different this Valentine? Try this easy to make recipe.
16 pieces skinned chicken
5 medium onions (thinly sliced)
2 tsp vegetable oil
6 tsp blanched ground almonds
3 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp coarse salt
2 tsp ground red pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground fennel
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cup plain yoghurt
1 cup water
1 pack fresh cilantro to garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken one by one and cook on all sides to make it dark pink Remove using slotted spoon and set aside. Heat 1/2-cup vegetable oil in skillet. Add sliced onion and fry until flaccid and pale brown by stirring it continuously for about 10 minutes. Stir in almonds, coriander, ginger, cardamom, and salt, ground red pepper, cumin and fennel and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes. Remove the mixture from heat. Put half of the mixture to processor or blender. Puree with 1/2 of the yogurt and 1/2 of the water. Repeat the same process with rest of the mixture, yogurt and water. Pour the sauce back into skillet. Add chicken to skillet. Place it over medium to high heat and bring to a boil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'