Recipe: Sindhi Kadhi
¼ cup Gavarfali (cluster beans)
½ cup Potato, peeled and diced
¼ cup Carrots, peeled and diced
¼ cup Bhindi (ladies finger), slit vertically into two halves
½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
½ tsp Fenugreek (methi) seeds
¼ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
4 tbsp Bengal Gram Flour (besan)
2 tsp Green Chilies, chopped
1 tsp Ginger, grated
4 to 6 Curry Leaves
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
2 tsp Chili Powder
1-2 tbsp Tamarind Pulp (imli)
3 tbsp Oil
Salt, to taste
How to make Sindhi Kadhi
Take a pressure cooker and boil gavarfali, potato and carrots in 2 cups of water to make it tender. Retain the water and keep it aside.
On medium flame, heat the oil in the pan and add cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. When the seeds start to crackle, add asafoetida.
Now, add Bengal gram flour and sauté it over medium flame for 4- 5 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
Add 4 cups of water in the pan and bring the mixture to boil.
When the mixture is boiled, add cooked vegetables, green chilies, ginger, bhindi, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chili powder, tamarind pulp and salt and bring it to boil again. Let it cook on the simmer flame till the bhindi is tender.
Serve it hot with rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!