Recipe: Singhara Barfi
1/2 cup Singhare ka atta (waterchestnut flour)
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup khoya
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
How To Make:
1. Stir-fry flour in ghee in a heavy pan to a light pink color over low flame.
2. Transfer immediately to another vessel.
3. Stir-fry khoya in the pan till there are no lumps and it turns light pink in color.
4. Mix cardamom powder and flour to it.
5. Set aside for cooling.
6. Make a thick syrup by boiling water and sugar till it is of thicker consistency.
7. Remove the pan from flame.
8. Mix the syrup immediately to the Khoya mixture, stirring vigorously to blend it well.
9. Grease a plate and transfer the mixture to it.
10. Level it and cool it.
11. When cool and set, cut into pieces, using a sharp knife.