Recipe: Singhara Barfi
1/2 cup Singhare ka atta (waterchestnut flour)
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup khoya
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
How To Make:
1. Stir-fry flour in ghee in a heavy pan to a light pink color over low flame.
2. Transfer immediately to another vessel.
3. Stir-fry khoya in the pan till there are no lumps and it turns light pink in color.
4. Mix cardamom powder and flour to it.
5. Set aside for cooling.
6. Make a thick syrup by boiling water and sugar till it is of thicker consistency.
7. Remove the pan from flame.
8. Mix the syrup immediately to the Khoya mixture, stirring vigorously to blend it well.
9. Grease a plate and transfer the mixture to it.
10. Level it and cool it.
11. When cool and set, cut into pieces, using a sharp knife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Indian Idol Junior' sets ball rolling with Bollywood music
- Boman Irani, Sonu Sood to share relationship secrets on Farah Khan's show
- Ahsaan Qureshi in talks for 'Tu Mera Hero'?
- Azharuddin trains Emraan for biopic 'Azhar'
- Still in discussion: Ekta Kapoor on female lead of 'Azhar'
- 'PK', joint productions create Bollywood buzz in China
- Musical fund-raising event for Nepal quake victims
- Neha Sharma to romance John Abraham in 'Hera Pheri 3'
- I was called silly for doing 'Fashion': Priyanka Chopra
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' cast to rock 'Comedy Nights With Kapil'
- Shah Rukh Khan discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- Recipe: Diced Chicken and Broccoli Hunan Sauce
- Eid special recipe: Chicken Biryani
- Recipe: Thai cashew chicken
- Recipe: Seafood and Chicken Paella
- Recipe: Chicken Roulade with ginger-spiced spinach
- Recipe: Three-layered bake with chicken, spaghetti and potato
- Recipe: Chinese Chicken Soup
- Recipe: Mango Chicken
- Recipe: Chicken Hakka Noodles
- Recipe:Crispy Fried Chicken
- Recipe: Brinjal Chicken
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!