You cannot afford to miss out on this delight if you have a sweet tooth!
1 1/4 cup Gram Glour
1 1/4 cup Maida
250 gms Ghee
2 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Cardamom seeds crushed coarsely
4" squares cut from a thin polythene sheet
1. Sift both flours together.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan. Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden. Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
3. Prepare syrup simultaneously. Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk. Bring syrup to 2 1/2 thread consistency.
4. Pour at once into the flour mixture. Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
5. Pour onto a greased surface or thali and roll to 1" thickness lightly. Sprinkle the elaichi and gently press down with palm.
6. Cool, cut into 1" squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet. Store in an airtight container.