Recipe: Soyabean Biryani
Soyabean Biryani is nutritious and tasty. Try this out for dinner today!
For the rice
1/2 cup soyabeans, soaked overnight
1 cup cooked long grained rice (basmati)
1 stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
1 cardamom (elaichi)
1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
salt to taste
For the masala mixture
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/4 cup curds (dahi)
1 1/2 cups boiled mixed vegetables (peas, french beans, cauliflower etc.)
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves (phudina)
1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
For the rice
Wash and drain the soyabeans. Add approx. 2 cups of water and the cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and salt and cook over a medium flame till they are cooked. Drain.
Combine the cooked rice and soyabeans. Keep aside.
For the mixture
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
When they crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the onions are lightly browned.
Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and ¼ cup of water and cook till the water evaporates and the tomatoes are soft.
Add the milk, salt and boiled vegetables and mix well. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the mixture is semi-dry. Then add the coriander and mint leaves.
Spread half the rice and soyabeans in a 200 mm. (8") diameter baking dish and spoon all the masala mixture on top.
Top with the remaining rice and soyabeans and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 20 to 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How to look good without eye makeup
- 'American Idol' was worst experience for Mariah Carey
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner headed towards USD 150 M divorce
- 'Jigarthanda' director obtains stay on Hindi remake
- Dharmendra may soon undergo shoulder surgery
- No plans to make 'Mickey Virus' prequel: Director
- R Madhavan one of the most wonderful actors: Hirani
- Nawazuddin to play Pakistani journalist in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Perception is that I had it easy: Jackky Bhagnani
- Antonio Banderas to be honoured at Latin Film Awards
- Didn't do '50 Shades' because of nudity: Emilia Clarke
- Recipe: Raw Mango Rasam
- Recipe: Coconut Lavender Lemonade
- Recipe: Summer Mango Cooler
- Recipe: Tender Coconut Mocktail
- Summer Drink Recipe: Savona Fuzz
- Summer drink recipe: Southern Belle
- Recipe: Blueberry lemonade
- Recipe: Cucumber lemonade
- Recipe: Jeera Lassi
- Recipe: Orange Slush
- Recipe: Melon Slush
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!