Recipe: Spanish Tapas
300 grams of McCain roasted garlic wedges
1 tbsp olive oil
One small finely chopped onion
Finely chopped garlic
One small red chilli
Two chopped tomatoes
One tablespoon tomato puree
Half tablespoon paprika
For the patatas bravas:
* Place 300 grams of McCain roasted garlic wedges on a roasting tray and cook as per the instructions given on the packet.
* To make the sauce, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add one small finely chopped onion and cook it for 3-4 minutes. Then add one clove of finely chopped garlic along with one small red chilli and cook it for a further minute.
* Add two chopped tomatoes, one tablespoon tomato puree and half tablespoon paprika and continue to cook for about five minutes. Then simmer for a further 10 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
* Transfer the wedges into a number of small tapas dishes and top it with the sauce and serve hot.
For the tortilla:
* Place 300 grams of garlic wedges on a roasting tray and cook as per pack instructions.
* Heat the oil in a heavy based or 20cm non-stick frying pan. Add one thinly sliced onion and cook it gently for about 20 minutes. Stir it occasionally until the onions are soft and begins to caramelize.
* Beat six eggs in a jug or bowl and add three tablespoon of chopped parsley and season lightly. Add three cooked potatoes to the frying pan and gently mix it with the onion. Pour in the egg mix and shake the pan to even the egg mixture amongst the onion and potatoes. Cook on a gentle heat for about 15 minutes, until the egg is almost set.
* Make homemade tortilla known as chapati. Leave to cool slightly and cut into bit size squares. And then place the cooked wedges on the tortillas.
For the almond green beans:
* Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add 150 grams of green beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Then drain it and keep warm.
* Put 100 grams of unsalted butter into a cold pan with 75 grams of whole blanched almonds and heat it up gently making sure that the butter does not get dark in colour. When the butter just turns golden brown and begins to foam, remove it from the heat and pour in the lemon juice to stop the cooking.
* Place the green beans in a tapas bowl and spoon over some of the brown butter and almonds.