Recipe: Spinach - Strawberry chilled soup
Updated: Feb 22, 2015, 15:42 PM IST
Image Courtesy: Nikita Dudani
- Chopped Strawberries – 10-15 pieces
- Chopped Spinach – 1 cup
- Green Garlic – 3 tablespoon
- White/Unsalted Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Mango Juice – 2-3 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – for garnishing
- Water – 1 cup (or as needed)
- In a pan, heat white/unsalted butter.
- Add Green garlic and cook it for 2-3 minutes. (Since I wanted all ingredients to retain their original flavors, I par cooked everything.)
- Once it turns little smooth, add spinach and salt. Let it cook till spinach gets cooked in its own water.
- After the water is dried, mix in strawberries and mango juice. Cook it on slow flame till strawberries are tender.
- Cool it till it comes to room temperature.
- In a mixer/grinder, add the cooked ingredients and some water. Blend it to fine puree. (In needed, adjust consistency with water.)
- Refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour it into serving glass or soup bowl. Garnish it with strawberries pieces and black pepper.
Recipe by Nikita Dudani