Recipe: Stuffed French Toast
1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup orange marmalade
Slice the French bread on a slant.
Slice the brick of cream cheese into 1/2 inch thick slices. Make a slit in each slice of French bread through the crust to form a pocket.
Place a slice of cream cheese in each pocket; set aside.
In a small bowl, beat together eggs, Irish cream liqueur, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Melt butter in a griddle or frying pan over medium-low heat.
Briefly dip the bread slices in the egg mixture and place on the griddle.
Brown on both sides and serve warm with a dollop of orange marmalade on top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't encourage Bollywood celebrities on ramp: Suneet Varma
- Julie Andrews to direct 'My Fair Lady' production at Sydney
- Sonakshi Sinha to walk for JJ Vallaya at Bridal Fashion Week
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs re-elected Academy President
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif to wear prosthetics for their next film