Recipe: Sushi Rice
Enjoy the sumptuous sushi rice. Ingredients:
• 4 cups Japanese Rice
• 4-1/4 cups Water
• 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
• 3 tbsp Sugar
• 1 tsp SaltProcedure:
• Wash the rice thoroughly and cook it properly.
• Mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a sauce pan.
• Put the pan on low heat and heat until the sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
• Spread the hot steamed rice into a large plate or a large bowl.
• Sprinkle the vinegar mixture over the rice and fold the rice by rice spatula quickly.
• Allow to cool, use a fan while mixing sushi rice.
First Published: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 09:25