1 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced into strips
1/3 cup butter milk
½ cup flour
¼ cup cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
chopped green onions
For the sauce:
¼ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
How To Make:
1. To prepare the sauce—mix the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce, oil, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened and then set it aside.
3. Heat oil in a deep fryer.
4. Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl and in another shallow bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
5. Dip each chicken strip first into the buttermilk and then roll in the flour mixture until evenly coated.
6. Place chicken strips into the hot oil, a few at a time and deep fry the chicken strips in batches until it turns golden brown and the chicken is fully cooked.
7. Strain the chicken strips and immediately toss it in the sauce.
8. Garnish chicken strips with green onions and sesame seeds.