This is a delightful sherbet that protects the body in intense summer heat.
• 4 cups Boiling Water
• ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
• 2 to 3 tbsp Crystallized Ginger (minced)
• 2 tbsp Tamarind Paste
• 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
• Fresh Mint Sprigs
• Ice Cubes
• Whisk boiling water, brown sugar, ginger and tamarind paste together in a large bowl. Combine the mixture well.
• Let the mixture simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
• Add lemon juice and let it cool down.
• Strain the preparation through a fine sieve.
• Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
• Place ice cubes in tall serving glasses.
• Pour the liquid in the glasses and garnish with a mint sprig.
• Serve chilled.