Recipe: Tandoori Roti sans tandoor
Make crispy Tandori roti at home without a tandoor.
2 Cups Wheat Flour
¼ cup refined flour
2 tsp Ghee
2 tbsp Yoghurt
2 tsp salt
Mix the Atta, Maida and Salt in a mixing bowl.
Add the yoghurt and knead a tight dough.
Leave this dough out for about 2 hours.
Make a ball from this dough and flatten in into a roti , it should be bit thick.
Take a thick bottomed Tava, Griddle or a Fry Pan and put it over the heat.
Wet one side of the roti and put it on the Pan.
Also wet the upper side of the roti as well with water, just sprinkle some water drops by hand or use a basting brush dipped in water.
Now reverse the pan and hold it in your hand and let the roti get roasted over the heat. The roti will keep on sticking to the pan.
Once the Roti is done on one side, it will fall off.
Now Pick it up using tongs .
Normally the roti would have cooked well on both sides. But sometimes it may fall off bit early, in that case just pick it up and cook in the pan in the normal position.
Smear it with some Ghee on one side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russell Brand to make Indian audience 'chuckle' away in June
- Taylor Swift in Forbes Power Women List
- 'Inside Out' to release in India on June 26
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Amitabh Bachchan advised Anil Kapoor not to take sabbatical
- 'Masaan' to release in India on July 24
- Emraan Hashmi's 'Azhar' teases crosses 1 million views!
- Indian stories need global exposure: 'Lunchbox' director Ritesh Batra
- Ricky Martin believes in `connect before marriage
- Criminal Mustafa Dossa conducts model audition inside court premises
- Kangana's midas touch: 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns` racing fast towards Rs 100 crore
- Recipe: PP Delight Mocktail
- Recipe: Easy Drop Biscuits
- Ramnavami special recipe: Methi rice
- Recipe: Spinach - Strawberry chilled soup
- Recipe: Simple Red Velvet Mousse
- Valentine's special recipe: Vanilla Strawberry Tart
- Recipe: Strawberry And Rose Petal Vacherin
- Recipe: Methi Paratha
- Recipe: Chana Dal Parantha
- Recipe: Grilled Eggplant Panini
- Monsoon special recipe: Palak Bhajia
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt