Recipe: Thai Red Chicken Curry
For the Paste:
1 medium sized onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 inch cube ginger, sliced
2 pureed tomato (boiled and skinned)
1 tsp Cumin powder
3/4 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
1 tsp. shrimp paste,
1 tsp. sugar
1-2 whole red chillies
2 Tbsp. chilli paste
1/2 stalk fresh lemongrass, minced (keep the remaining stock to be used in the chicken curry)
3 Tbsp. thick coconut milk
2 Tbsp. fish sauce/Soy sauce
For the Curry:
1/2 Kg Chicken, cut pieces of breast/thigh
1 red bell pepper, chopped in chunks
2 tomatoes, sliced into small chunks
1 cup chopped eggplant, skin left on
1 cup Baby Corn
4 kaffir lime leaves
1 cinnamon stick
Fresh basil and coriander for garnish
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Add all the paste ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Add more coconut milk if he paste is too thick. Don’t add any water.
Add a little oil put lime leaves, cinnamon stick to a wok,
Add the paste and fry for 2 minutes till the sauce gets darker.
Add chicken pieces,in a wok, deep frying pan, or large pot.
Bring to a gentle boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the vegetables and continue simmering another 15 minutes.
Pic Courtesy: sarwatsfamilykitchen.wordpress.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!