This delicious drink, a must during Holi and Shivratri, adds charm to the festivals.
• 11/2 liter Milk
• 1/2 cup Sugar(or as per taste)
• 1/2 tbsp Aniseed
• 1 tbsp Almonds
• A few Saffron Strands
• 1 tsp Cardamom powder
• 1 tbsp Dried watermelon seeds
• 1/2 tbsp Poppy seeds
• 1/4 Cup fresh rose petals
• Boil milk and allow it to cool.
• Meanwhile soak aniseed, almonds, watermelon seeds, poppy seeds and rose petals in water.
• Grind soaked ingredients to make a smooth paste.
• Pour some water into this paste and strain through muslin strainer.
• Extract the liquid into a vessel. Add the sugar, peppercorns, powdered cardamom, saffron and mix well.
• Now blend the above-made mix with milk. It is preferable if it is full cream.
• Chill before serving. You can also add ice cubes.