Recipe: Tomato and Date Chutney
Allow your taste-buds to indulge in a sweet and sour delicacy!
3-4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, diced
5-6 dates (chopped)
1 dry red chilli
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
2/3 teaspoon cooking oil
1/4 cup jaggery or sugar (whichever you find tastier!)
Salt to taste
A pinch of chaat masala
Heat oil in a pan and temper it with mustard seeds and red chilli.
Add the tomatoes and cook with closed lid on a medium-low flame till the water disappears and the tomatoes appear dry.
Add jaggery, ginger and dates and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
Add a pinch of salt. Once everything blends in well together, you can sprinkle some chaat masala on top of it.
Serve warm or cold after the main course. The Tomato and Date Chutney can also be served as a side-dish with rotis or paranthas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!