Recipe: Traditional Ghevar
This Raksha Bandhan, savour the sweetness of the traditional Ghevar!
4 Cups flour
2 Cups ghee
4 Cups water
1 Cup milk
1 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
1 tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1 tsp Saffron (soaked in milk)
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1/2 tsp Yellow colour
Mix flour, ghee, milk and 3 cups of water and make a batter.
Dissolve edible yellow colour in the remaining water.
Mix the coloured water to the batter.
Take an aluminium or steel cylindrical container.
The cylinder should have a height of at least 12", and a diameter of 5-6".
Fill half of the cylinder with ghee and heat.
Once the ghee is hot, pour a glass of batter in the centre of ghee.
Allow the foam to settle.
Pour a glassful of batter in the ghee again.
Once the foam settles down again, place the Ghewar on a mesh.
Prepare sugar syrup of the consistency of one tar.
Dip the Ghevar in syrup so that the extra oil can be removed.
Keep it aside for cooling.
Pour a few drops of saffron water.
Sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
The delicious Ghevar is ready to be served!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Watch: Varun, Kriti's party anthem 'Manma Emotion Jaage' from 'Dilwale'
- Tamasha movie review: It's all about Ranbir, Deepika's painful yet ecstatic journey
- 'Dilwale' has a lot of twists, turns, says Varun Dhawan