Recipe: Vegetable Poha
Vegetable poha is a nutritious recipe ideal for breakfast.
• 1 1/2 kg Poha (thick ones)
• 2 Potatoes (medium sized)
• 4 tbsp Green Peas
• 4 tbsp Ground Nuts
• 2 Onions (medium sized)
• 7 tbsp Oil
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 5 Green Chilies
• 1 Carrot (finely chopped)
• 11/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 Capsicum
• 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
• 1 lemon (juice)
• Curry Leaves (few)
• Salt to taste
Wash the poha nicely and strain all the water out. Keep it aside.
Heat oil in kadai or a wok. Add mustard seeds and ground nuts.
When they start to splutter add onions, chilies, potatoes, carrot, green peas, capsicum and curry leaves.
Fry them till the onions turn pink and the vegetables become soft.
Add turmeric powder, salt and poha. Stir them well and allow it to simmer for five minutes.
Add lemon juice, and garnish it with coriander leaves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Winter Heirloom Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella Pizettes
- Recipe: Summer Potato Salad
- Mother's day special Recipe: Crepes Du Fromage
- Recipe: Banana bread
- Recipe: 3 Layered Sandwich
- Recipe: Spanish Omelette
- Pongal special recipe: Ven Pongal
- Recipe: Methi Paratha
- Recipe: Chana Dal Parantha
- Recipe: Banana and cinnamon porridge
- Recipe: Upama
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490