Try out this yummy easy to make halwa.
100 gms Chana dal
4 1/2cup Milk
50 gm Khoya (Mawa)
1 cup Pure Ghee
1Tbs Cardamom Powder
Few chopped cashwenuts
Few drops of edible yellow colour(Optional)
Silver foils for decoration
• Wash and soak chana dal in 2 cup of (preboiled and cooled ) milk for 6-8 hrs.
• Grind it into a coarse paste
• Add flour and again grind it into a fine paste.
• Heat the ghee and add cardamom powder
• Fry the dal paste until golden brown and a very agreeable fragnance is given off
• Add remaining milk and sugar and stir for 5-8 minutes till thick and soft
• Now add khoya and cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously
• Remove from the fire
• Add few drops of yellow colour and mix well
• Garnish with chopped cashewnuts
• Spread silver foil and serve hot