Recipe: Yogi tea
Yogi tea is a spiced tea similar to chai.
15 whole cloves
20 black peppercorns
3 sticks of cinnamon
20 green cardamom pods (crushed or split)
8 or more 1/4" (0.75cm) slices of fresh ginger root
1/2 tsp black tea (decaf black tea is acceptable)
Bring 2 quarts (about 2L) of water to boil in 3-4 quart pot.
Add cloves and boil for 1 minute.
Add peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom pods and ginger.
Cover and simmer gently for at least 30 minutes. (For best flavor, cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 hours!)
Remove from heat and add tea.
Strain ingredients from the finished tea.
When ready to drink, sweeten to taste with honey or maple syrup. Add soy milk or dairy milk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks