Recipe: Zunka Bhakar
Try making this traditional marathi recipe at home today!
1 cup Besan (Spilt Gram Flour)
3 cups Jowar Flour (Millet Flour)
2 stalks chopped Spring onion greens
3 tbsp Oil
3 chopped Onions
6 chopped Spring onions
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red Chili Powder
3 chopped Fresh coriander leaves
A pinch Asafoetida
Salt to taste
Take a frying pan or skillet and roast the besan until it leaves an aroma; remove and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan and, when it turns hot, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter a little. Add the asafoatida and the onions, sautéing them till they turn a golden brown, add the spring onions too and sauté them too.
Add the besan, salt, the turmeric and the red chili powder and mix them all well. Turn it to medium heat, add two cups of water and let it cook for about five minutes. Add the spring onion greens and cook for another few minutes.
While this is getting done, make pliable dough with the jowar flour and water. Prick the dough into equal parts and roll them into flat pancakes. Cook them on a girdle till done evenly on each side.
Serve with the besan zunka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim shares candid images on first anniversary with Kanye
- I'm not retiring from acting: Patrick Dempsey
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in first selfie, poses shirtless
- Simon Cowell sued by former 'The X Factor' contestant
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` creating magic at Box Office
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Jacques Audiard's "Dheepan" wins Palme d'Or at Cannes
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Ben Stiller's mother dies at 85
- U2 dedicate pride song to gay marriage voters in Ireland
- Naomi Campbell celebrates 45th birthday in Cannes
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins