Recipe: Zunka Bhakar
Try making this traditional marathi recipe at home today!
1 cup Besan (Spilt Gram Flour)
3 cups Jowar Flour (Millet Flour)
2 stalks chopped Spring onion greens
3 tbsp Oil
3 chopped Onions
6 chopped Spring onions
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red Chili Powder
3 chopped Fresh coriander leaves
A pinch Asafoetida
Salt to taste
Take a frying pan or skillet and roast the besan until it leaves an aroma; remove and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan and, when it turns hot, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter a little. Add the asafoatida and the onions, sautéing them till they turn a golden brown, add the spring onions too and sauté them too.
Add the besan, salt, the turmeric and the red chili powder and mix them all well. Turn it to medium heat, add two cups of water and let it cook for about five minutes. Add the spring onion greens and cook for another few minutes.
While this is getting done, make pliable dough with the jowar flour and water. Prick the dough into equal parts and roll them into flat pancakes. Cook them on a girdle till done evenly on each side.
Serve with the besan zunka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes