Saboodaane ki Khichree
Relish the mouth-watering saboodaane ki khichree this Navratra..
1 cup saboodaana
1/2 cup peanuts-shelled, roasted, coarsely pounded
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
3-4 whole red chillies
1 sprig curry leaf
2 tsp rock salt
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
1 tsp green chillies-chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
Wash saboodana till the water clears. Soak in water to come up about 3 cm above it for about an hour. Drain in a colander, then spread over a thick cloth for about 1 hour. Mix the saboodana, peanuts, salt, chilli powder very well, so that it is fully coated with this mixture.
Heat the ghee, add cumin, red chillies and curry leaves. When the chillies darken a bit, add the saboodana mixture and turn around over low flame till cooked through. Remove from flame, add the lemon juice and mix well. Serve garnished with coriander and green chillies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Biopic should be made on PT Usha, says Sonam Kapoor