The `castle` of `9` world cuisines
Biplob Ghosal and Kamna Arora
Give your taste buds a break from the usual food this weekend! Catering to avid shoppers and cool youngsters, who want to catch a breath over multi-range cuisines in the heart of Delhi, Castle 9 offers a sumptuous spread for foodies.
Located at Connaught Place, Castle 9 offers nine best cuisines of the world besides giving guests the majestic view of Sir Lutyen’s Delhi.
The rich menu includes special dishes from – Indian, Continental, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Afghani, American, Indonesian, and Thai.
Vegetarians can start their meal with Castle 9’s speciality - `Dahi Ke Kebab`. Creamy hung curd cakes are cooked to perfection on a hot plate. For non-vegetarians, `Rajasthani Murgh Ka Soola’, a fiery speciality from Rajasthan is the perfect start to the aromatic journey.
After tasting these mouth-watering starters, one can order Continental main course dishes. `Vegetable Enchiladas` is one good option out of the variety listed in the impressive menu. Mexican classic spicy vegetables are rolled in a corn tortilla, topped with tangy tomato sauce and then baked. It is served with tomato salsa and refried beans.
Non-vegetarians can opt for the delicious ‘Chicken Vera Cruz’ - boneless breast of chicken in a slightly spicy sauce of creamy fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions and coriander. It is served with roasted vegetables and Mexican rice.
The menu does not limit itself to international dishes. It has a range of specialities from the sub-continent as well. Non-vegetarians can certainly try lip-smacking ‘Gosht Roganjosh’ – a dish from Kashmir Valley. The ‘Murgh Tikka Masala’ - national dish of the United Kingdom - is a must try.
A variety of luscious desserts is on offer. Popular Hot Chocolate Fudge is available for avid chocolate lovers. Or, one can try Parfait - fresh fruits, roasted nuts and three different flavours of ice-cream topped with Melva sauce - the ultimate in indulgence.
Fine dining is separate from the bar.
A unique selection of wines and mocktails is another aspect of the restaurant. Among the variety of mocktails, `Strawberry Delight` - blended strawberries crush with pineapple, and ‘Orange Surprise’ – orange juice, grenadine with juice and lime, should definitely be tried.
A wide variety of cocktails will leave you craving for more. ‘Flying Grass Hopper’ – blend of vodka, Crème de Menthe and Crème de Cacao - just steals the heart. `Horses Neck` is another exotic option. A shot of brandy poured on a spiral of lemon rind with a squeeze of lemon topped with ginger ale is simply amazing.
Interested in shooters? Castle 9 offers the strong `Terminator`, which includes Kahlua, Baileys, Sambucca, Cointreau and Vodka. `Heaven` is for those who like Bacardi and Curacao.
The fine dining area offers smoking as well as non-smoking seating. The in-house DJ starts the musical journey from 8 PM every evening at the restaurant. For regular comers, Castle 9 offers a membership card also.
It is a perfect halt to rejuvenate yourself with scrumptious and diverse culinary delights as well as an exclusive variety of mocktails, cocktails and shooters.
About Castle 9:
Timings: 12:30 PM to 1:00 AM
Price Guide: Meal for two (including drinks) costs Rs 1,200
Happy Hours: 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM (only in cocktails)
Ambience: Cozy, Buzzy, Relaxed
Styles: Sit down
Suitable For: Business lunch/dinner, Private lunch/dinner, Youngsters
Address: B-45/47, 1st floor, Connaught Place, Near PVR Plaza
Cinema, New Delhi-110 001
For reservation: +91-11-41528141-42, 43586133-44, 9899917789, 9811859324
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim shares candid images on first anniversary with Kanye
- I'm not retiring from acting: Patrick Dempsey
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in first selfie, poses shirtless
- Simon Cowell sued by former 'The X Factor' contestant
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` creating magic at Box Office
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Jacques Audiard's "Dheepan" wins Palme d'Or at Cannes
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Ben Stiller's mother dies at 85
- U2 dedicate pride song to gay marriage voters in Ireland
- Naomi Campbell celebrates 45th birthday in Cannes
- Recipe: Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Cream Cheesecake with Nuts
- Recipe: Almond mushroom pate with cream
- Recipe: Pumpkin Pie
- Recipe: Apple and Carrot pudding
- Recipe: Creamy Orange Cake
- Recipe: Butterscotch Banana Cake
- Recipe: Cannoli Cake
- Recipe: Tofu Chocolate Cake
- Recipe: Fresh Pear Cake
- Recipe: Holiday Fruitcake
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins